Friday, May 21, 2010

What is this blog all about?

My motivation to create a blog about the lovely province of Bohol springs back from the time of the National Election of May 2010. I was so confused why the Boholanos show a different face from what I used to see and believe. Although, I have noticed a lot of things I dislike about Boholanos prior to the Election time. And most of these things I dislike were attested and agreed upon by my wife.

So that you can relate why I am deeply motivated to create this blog, allow me to mention some of the things I and my wife dislike about in Bohol:
1. Most of the Boholanos easily get sulk and insulted.
2. Most of the "big" men and women seated in the different "Big/High Positions" in the different sectors or agencies really seek (or even exaggeratedly said 'crave') for "RESPECT". (In our dialect, "magpatahor o magpatahod jud")
3. Most of the Boholanos are "Trying Hard Copy Cats".
4. Most of the Boholanos have the "Padreno" mentality. (This means if you have connections, then, good for you.)
5. Most of the Boholanos (in my opinion) are NOT smart/wise voters. (Imagine, in the capital city of Bohol - Tagbilaran City, Bong Revilla is the No.1 Senator? and Erap Estrada is the second most voted presidentiable? I can't get the sense!)

And more...

Well, let me tell you that I am a true-blooded Boholano. So, I'm not being biased here. Likewise, my wife is physiologically and heartily Bohol-anon.

With these things we saw and experienced in Bohol, I cannot help but tell the world what's in and what's out in Bohol with its people. And I believe this is one way that I can probably open the eyes of my "paysano and paysana" (fellow Boholanoes) that Bohol is and must be God's little paradise.

So, I hope you will enjoy and learn from my point of view about anything in Bohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment