Saturday, May 22, 2010

Facebook Is In These Days In Bohol

At first I can't get see the importance of online social networking until I was able to experience it myself how useful it is. I still remember a friend told me that Friendster is "Yuck!" but after a couple of months I saw him with his account in Friendster.

Today, I can say that if you don't have a Friendster or Facebook account you still belong to the ancient world (its an exaggeration). It is through online social networking sites that I was able to get connected to my long lost friends and classmates. I, likewise, was able to communicate things I need to say to my friends and those who follow me online.

In Bohol, online social networking is an in thing. Even the underage do try to have their own account even if need to lie about their age. This is because today - we really need to connect. (No man is an island. Of course, how can a man be an island!)

Bohol is known as the No.1 tourist destination in the Philippines. And through online social networking sites, we (in Bohol) are able to showcase our province. Many are uploading beautiful scenery of Bohol; others are posting nice comments and stories about Bohol or just simply creating online accounts about Bohol and the Boholanos. With the technology today, we are opening the eyes of the rest to see our Little Paradise.

But I will say Bohol is a mixture of beautiful things and everything. We say - we have the City of Friendship, Tagbilaran City but in our city streets you will see a lot of No Entry signs (ironic, isn't it). If you are really that friendly, then let anyone come and enter. Hehehe!

We do have the most beautiful beaches in the Philippines but only for foreigners (cause they are the ones that can afford). I, personally, have not been to most of these beautiful resorts and beaches despite being a naturally born Bol-anon. We have the smallest primate in the whole world that looks very cuddly - the Tarsier. But sad to say, our local government have not been doing anything about preserving them. They just let the rich owners of the tourist spots do their thing in handling these beautiful creatures. We'll these are some of the realities in Bohol.

But let me tell you, Bohol is still the best place for me.

I may sound so negative about Bohol but that's not my point in exposing the real Bohol to all of you. My point here is to awaking those who are above and in a position to do what you are supposed to do. Now na!

I'm sorry. I just carried away with my feeling and thoughts about what I see in Bohol today. I'm now far away from the title of this post.

So, going back to networking sites. What you are able to see through the posted pictures and read through the blogs and posts are definitely true. Bohol is indeed, God's little paradise...

...especially without traditional politicians, abusive leaders and department heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment